Monday April 22, 2013
If you have a home repair or DIY project, there are certain tools every new home in Desoto TX homeowner should own. Here’s a list of 18 tools we recommend you have and why.
- Claw Hammer – drive and remove nails, fit parts, break objects and forge metal with this very useful tool
- Staple Gun – as easy way to reupholster anything in sight
- Screwdriver Set– used for loosening and tightening screws, like the ones found on light switch plates. We suggest purchasing a combination one for all the screws (Phillips, slotted, star-drive and the square-drive)
- Pliers – a multifunctional tool used for gripping, cutting and twisting wires, tightening bolts and loosening screws. Get the most common pliers (vise-grip, needle-nose, lineman’s and channel-lock)
- Combination Wrench Set – put together an appliance, swing set and anything else with a wrench.
- Leatherman – a reliable multi tool that contains a sharp knife, serrated knife, small saw, two files, pliers, large and small bit driver, ruler, scissors, wire cutters, screwdrivers and bottle/can opener. The clip makes it easy to carry around your Desoto TX new home and you can also store it in your car’s glove compartment.
- Cordless Drill – a convenient and practical way to put something together much easier than with a hand screwdriver.
- Utility Knife – ideal for opening up boxes, cutting exact edges, scrapping paint, hobbies and crafting, you’ll be able to do just about anything with this tool.
- Nails and Screws – these come in handy when it’s time to hang or repair something
- Tape Measure – use this great tool for measuring projects around the house.
- Duct Tape – you pretty much can fix anything with duct tape, right?
- Headlight – a hands free way to see when working, going into tight spaces or when the lights go off
- Safety Eyewear and Gloves – protect your eyes and hands with these safety products
- Plunger – simple remedy for unclogging your sink or toilet. Buy one for your toilet and one for your sink.
- Paint brushes – ideal for paint touch-ups and other projects that require a paint brush.
- Clamps – hold items together or have an extra hand when working alone or in small numbers.
- Ladder – wonderful for reaching high places, you’ll have no trouble accessing or removing leaves and other debris off your roof and in gutters.
- A Level – instead of eyeballing, get a precise line for your photo, shelf or appliance.
These basic tools will help the non-handyman to Mr. and Mrs. Fix it maintain their Sheridan Parc or Summer Meadows new home in Desoto TX.