Friday April 18, 2014
Homeowners are always looking for ways to lower their energy bills. One way is by turning off products not in use, like a light or ceiling fan when you’ve left the room. Here are 5 additional tips from Altura Homes, your premier new home builders of Rockwall Texas, to incorporate into your daily or weekly routine as a way to help reduce energy bills at your new home.
- CFL or LED Lights – These ENERGY STAR light bulbs, also known as Compact Fluorescent Lights and Light emitting Diode, use less energy, produce less heat, last longer and are overtime less expensive than incandescent bulbs.
- Late Night Cleaning – There is a higher demand for electricity during the day. Doing laundry, running the dishwasher or other appliances at night helps reduce energy production and water cost.
- Natural Light – Instead of turning on a light during the day, open up your blinds to fill a room with rays from the sun. You’ll be able to take advantage of the natural light coming into your Fontanna Ranch
Fontanna Ranchin Rockwall TX home with one of the oldest tricks in the book.
- Outdoor Cooking – Firing up the grill during warmer weather for a cook out is awesome. Your kitchen and overall indoor home temperature will also benefit from cooking outdoors with the absence of heat from the stove.
- Smart Power Strips – Not only are great for protecting electronics from power surges but they can also help conserve energy and save money monthly. Plug your electronics into a smart power strip so they power down when they’re not in use.
Fontanna Ranch in Rockwall TX is Altura Homes’ latest housing project. For more information about this community and others by your favorite new home builders in Rockwall Texas, contact Altura Homes at 888-972-1979.