Tuesday March 25, 2014
A fireplace is an amenity that instantly provides a cozy area to snuggle up around. Maintaining your fireplace is a necessity. Use these tips to protect your family, belongings and new home in the Fontanna Ranch in Rockwall community.
- Get your chimney and fireplace inspected annually by a professional. Check it occasionally throughout the year for blockage since animals, leaves and debris can enter the chimney.
- Kids and pets can be attracted to the allure of a fireplace. Putting a screen in front of the fireplace will keep them out. A screen is also good for blocking drafts and preventing embers and logs from escaping.
- Flammable liquids should never be used to start a fire. You should also never burn cardboard or rubbish, grill food or roast marshmallows either.
- The mantle and surrounding areas are perfect for decorating. Keep combustible items at least 4 feet from the fireplace.
- Never leave a fire unattended. Fully extinguish it before hitting the sack, exiting the room or leaving your Rockwall TX new homes. Always keep a fire extinguisher close by and ensure your fire alarms and carbon dioxide detectors are properly working.
- Clean the fireplace intermittently to reduce ash build-up. Only clean once the ashes have completely cooled down. Protect yourself by wearing gloves and a dust mask.
Fontanna Ranch in Rockwall homes start from the $260s and is located in the much sought after Rockwall ISD. Our new homes in Rockwall TX offer homebuyers the square footage they’re looking for and the quality they deserve, all for an unbelievably great price. Give Altura Homes a call today to become part of this wonderful community.