Monday April 27, 2015
Spring has officially sprung around our homes for sale Desoto TX. Use these six tips to plan your spring garden and help brighten up your home this season.
- You don’t have to have a green thumb to have a lovely garden. If you don’t know where to start we suggest combing through seed catalogs or the Internet. These will provide you with great insight on the best flowers and vegetables to grow.
- Did you plant a garden last year? How did it grow? Did you encounter any issues with pests, insects, weather or disease? Use that experience to help you have a great garden this year.
- Decide on the type of garden you’d like. Do you prefer to plant in the yard, a container garden or both? Plan out your garden to help you maximize the space and not overcrowd your garden. You should also plan out the color scheme so that the colors will not conflict with each other or your home.
- Now it’s time to get your seeds. Are you thinking carrots, cucumbers, corn, kale, lettuce, tomatoes or peas for your veggie garden and bloodroot, tulips, daffodils, African Violets, pansies and lilacs for your flower garden? Once you’ve made your selection it’s important to note how much sun and watering needs to take place as well as the right soil and nutrients required for you to have a thriving garden.
- Don’t forget to add an accessory or ornament to your garden. This addition is sure to look great in your garden and may include wind chimes, garden fountain, solar lights or ceramic animals.
- Happy Planting! Remember, the sooner you get started on your garden the sooner you’ll see results.
Altura Homes offers homes for sale Desoto TX in the beautiful Sheridan Parc community. We currently have one available home in this beautiful community. For more information please give Kimberly Cockrell a call at 214-991-6198.