Friday October 16, 2015
The time has come for you to put your house on the market. Here are some tips on how to get your house ready to sell.
- Clean up - Give your home a thorough cleaning. Wash the windows (inside and out), dust your furniture, clean the bathrooms, polish appliances, wipe down the counters and fan blades, wax hardwoods and vacuum your carpets. If necessary, don’t be afraid to hire a professional cleaner to get your home ready or keep it cleaned while you wait for it to sell
- Depersonalize your home – You’re selling your home and not looking to stay in it, right? Therefore you have to have the mindset that your home is no longer yours. After all, you are in the market for a new home for sale Desoto TX. It is important to depersonalize your home so that it is more appealing to potential homebuyers and that they can envision themselves in your home.
- Enhance your curb appeal – First impressions are everything. Mow the lawn, trim your shrubs, get rid of weeds, place a potted plant along the walkway, add a wreath to the front door, pressure wash the outside of your home, and whatever else is needed to get your home ready to sell.
- Large furniture – Make sure your furniture fits the scale of the room. You don’t want anything too large or bulky that will make rooms in your home look smaller than they actually are.
- Make repairs – If you’ve been avoiding making small repairs now is the time to do them. You don’t want potential buyers opening a door that squeaks or seeing a leaky faucet.
- Paint the walls – Your walls should have a fresh coat of paint on them and should be painted neutral colors. Wall colors shouldn’t be too bold or too bland. Neutral paint colors will allow potential buyers to see the beauty of each room and help them avoid being distracted by you having the wrong paint color.
- Reduce clutter – Potential buyers should see the beauty of your home and not be focused on messes in and around your home. Get rid of things you don’t need, organize your closets and cabinets. This will also give you a head start on cleaning and packing up your home.
We wish you all the best in selling your home. And since you are in the market for a home for sale Desoto TX, consider our Sheridan Parc community. We offer eight different floor plans that include three to four bedrooms, two to three bathrooms and range from 2.201 to 2,610 square feet of living space. Contact Kimberly Cockrell at 214-991-6198 to learn more about how you can own a home in the beautiful community of Sheridan Parc.