Friday January 15, 2016
The holiday season has officially come to an end and it’s time to get back into our normal routine. This includes getting your house organized and rid of the clutter that has piled up in your home over the holidays. Here are a few tips on how to get rid of clutter after the holidays.
- Cards – You’ve probably amassed plenty of holiday cards over the season. It is okay to throw those out even though you appreciate your friends, family and homes in mclendon chisholm tx neighbors thinking of you. You could keep the ones you liked and put them in a picture frame to use as décor in your home.
- Christmas tree – If you still have your tree it is time to get rid of it. There are plenty of places in the surrounding area to bring it to.
- Gift boxes – Some of your gifts may have been put in gift boxes. Simply throw these out if you don’t have any use for them and they cannot be recycled. There is no need to keep them around for the just in case scenario.
- Give a gift, keep a gift – For every gift that you received you should give one away that is similar in nature. This will help you cut down on the items in your home and help you keep only what you want and will use.
- Holiday treats – From chocolates and cookies to edible arrangements and gourmet popcorn you probably have more treats than you can handle. Give away or throw out items you don’t want or like. Items that have spoiled or are not sealed properly should be thrown away immediately. Chocolates can be kept as long as the packaging hasn’t been tampered with.
If you are in the market for a new home then now is the time to take a look at Altura’s inventory of homes in mclendon chisholm tx. We build in the beautiful communities of Chisholm Crossing IV, Kensington Park and Sonoma Verde. Give us a call today at 1-888-972-1979